Waterbury Area Chapter, American Red CrossSPRING-2003 HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING/CERTIFICATION COURSES
Each date, or set of dates, is a complete class.
Classes are held at the Torrington office, unless noted. Need directions? Click here.
For additional classes held at the Waterbury Area Chapter office - Click here.
Interested in becoming a First Aid, CPR, AED Instructor? Please call 203-755-1137, extension 11.
ADULT CPR: Fee: $30.00
January 7, 2003 Tuesday 6:00pm 9:30pm
February 6 Thursday 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 1 Saturday 9:00am 1:00pm
INFANT & CHILD CPR: Fee: $35.00
January 9, 2003 Thursday 6:00pm 9:30pm
February 13 Thursday 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 8 Saturday 8:00am 12:00pm
ADULT, INFANT & CHILD CPR (Community CPR): Fee: $45.00
January 7 & 9, 2003 Tue & Thu 6:00pm 9:30pm
February 6 & 13 Thursdays 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 1 & 8 Saturdays Mar 1 = 9:00am - 1:00pm; Mar 8 = 8:00am - 12:00pm
FIRST AID BASICS: Fee: $25.00
January 14, 2003 Tuesday 6:00pm 9:30pm
February 20 Thursday 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 15 Saturday 9:00am 1:00pm
ADULT CPR & FIRST AID BASICS (Standard First Aid): Fee: $45.00:
January 7 & 14 Tue & Thu 6:00pm 9:30pm
February 6 & 20 Thursdays 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 1 & 15 Saturdays 9:00am 1:00pm
ADULT, INFANT & CHILD CPR & FIRST AID BASICS (Community First Aid and Safety): Fee: $60.00
Jan 7, 9 & 14, 2003 Tue, Thu, Tue 6:00pm 9:30pm
Feb 6, 13 & 20 Thursdays 6:00pm 9:30pm
March 1, 8 & 15 Saturdays Mar 1 & 15 = 9:00am - 1:00pm; Mar 8 = 8:00am - 12:00pm
CONNECTICUT CHILD CARE: Fee: $50.00
January 9 & 10 Thu & Fri Mar 9 = 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Mar 10 = 6:00pm - 10:00pm
March 8 Saturday 8:00am 4:30pm
BABYSITTNG (Newly revised course!): Fee: $35.00
Please call for information - course dates are dependent on receipt of new materials.
NO instruction or review! NO text or materials provided. Written and skills tests only.
Please call for information - arrangements are made on an individual basis.
Preregistration is required. Registration for all classes is on a "first come, first served" basis. Course fees listed are per person and are due at time of registration. Course fees are non-refundable. However, if you notify the chapter at least three working days before the starting date of the course, you may be able to transfer your enrollment to another scheduled course. If a class is canceled/rescheduled, the chapter will make a reasonable effort to notify you in advance. Refunds (less any textbook and materials charges) will only be issued for classes canceled by the Red Cross. No refunds or transfers will be issued to students who fail to attend class.
* All classes are held at the Red Cross office (21 Prospect Street, Torrington), unless otherwise noted. There will be a lunch break for classes that are scheduled for the entire day.
* CPR training requires strenuous physical activity and practice on both a partner and a manikin. If you have a medical condition or disability which could affect your participation in this training, please consult with your physician before registering.
* To receive course certification, you must attend all sessions and pass all skill tests and written exams. A minimum score of 80% is required on written exams.
* Course materials and instruction are available in Spanish for many programs.
* We recommend you review course materials in advance. You may pick up your materials at the chapter offices or have them shipped to your address (a minimum of 7 working days is required; add $4.00 shipping/handling per student for each course).
* Mail your name, address, phone number, and desired course title and starting date; along with a check/money order or Visa/MasterCard data (name of card holder, card number, expiration date) to American Red Cross - Torrington, 21 Prospect Street, Unit B, Torrington, CT 06790. OR,
* Call the chapter at 860-482-8182, between 9:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday if you intend to register with a credit card. OR,
* Register in person, between 9:00am and 4:00 pm., Monday through Friday at the chapter offices in Torrington or Waterbury (check/money order, credit card, or exact cash amount - no change is available).