Ensure members of
the US Armed Forces and their families timely and
reliable emergency communications and case management
service, 24 hours a day, worldwide.
Support members of
the US Armed Forces and their families by offering timely
and reliable emergency financial assistance.
with transportation to VA hospitals in Connecticut.
- Aid Americans and foreign nationals
by seeking to locate and reunite families separated by
war or other causes beyond their control.
- Serve as a channel for concerned
Americans who wish to be of help to refugees and victims
of international disaster or conflict, and transmit
family messages in such situations when normal
communications are not in effect.
- Maintain a nationwide disaster
preparedness program consisting primarily of volunteers
to provide rapid response when disaster strikes and to
help prevent and minimize human suffering.
- Give individual families needed
emergency help with food, rent, clothing,,
transportation, medical needs, and selected household
- Provide additional assistance to
victims for whom government help is not available.
- Join with government and other
agencies in local and nationwide disaster planning and
- Collect blood from volunteers at
bloodmobiles throughout the county, in cooperation with
Connecticut Red Cross Blood Services . The blood
collected is then prepared for transfer to patients at
- Recruit new blood donors and new
blood drive volunteers. To become a blood donors please
- Help individuals gain the
knowledge, skills and attitudes for safe and healthy
lifestyles for themselves and others.
- Teach First Aid, CardioPulmonary
Resuscitation(CPR) and Water Safety courses.
- Offer a range of health and safety
education programs and services for people at work,
school. home and community sites.
- Provide high quality service at a
reasonable cost, utilizing, cost-sharing fees where
appropriate and ensuring access to services for those
unable to pay.
- Serve as a lead agency in HIV/AIDS
education and general awareness.
- Instruct youth in programs which
include Babysitting, Basic Aid Training (BAT), Home
Alone, First Aid for Children Today (F.A.C.T.) and Learn
- Train instructors in CPR/First Aid,
Water Safety, Lifeguarding, HIV/AIDS education and more.
- Transport the elderly and disabled
to medical appointments, shopping, social and nutritional
- Partner with other agencies to
provide a comprehensive, coordinated regional
SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
- Recruit retired persons 55 years or
older to participate more fully in the life of their
community through significant volunteer services.
- Shelter homeless families with
children in the Red Cross Family Shelter in Middletown.
- Offer afterschool programs and a
teen "drop in" center.
- Enable families to build necessary
lifeskills to create a stable, permanent and safe home
environment through our Transitional Housing program.
EMERGENCY FUEL BANK
- Award grants for electricity, oil
or gas for families who are over income for Federal and
State Energy Subsidies.
EMERGENCY FOOD BANK
- Supply food for families who are in
need due to an emergency.
- Make and distribute holiday baskets
at Thanksgiving, for Middletown families in need.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES PLEASE CALL
OR EMAIL [email protected]